Extended Day Program (EDP) Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten Program 2013-2014
The purpose of EDP Tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten is to provide onsite preschool for children who do not meet the federally funded pre-kindergarten qualification guidelines. This EDP Pre-Kindergarten Program ensures a quality pre-school classroom with state of the art, high quality instruction.
EDP Tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten is available to children in Pflugerville ISD attendance zones who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2013. Children must be potty trained and must not display any consistent disruptive behaviors that would interfere with the classroom instructions.
EDP Tuition-Based Pre-K Philosophy
· Child-centered, research based curriculum based on the Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines (including “Scholastic Big Day” and “Growing with Mathematics”).
· Literacy-rich environment designed to prepare children for success in kindergarten.
· Differentiated, multi-sensory instruction to introduce concepts in a culturally responsive manner.
· Highly qualified and certified teachers.
· Full day program combined with PISD Extended Day Program.
· Child to Teacher Ratio – 11:1
· Operates under the direction of Pflugerville ISD.
EDP Tuition-Based Pre-K Hours
Beginning with the first day of instruction for the school year, the Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten Program is provided every day that teachers are required to report to work, including professional development and teacher work days. The program also includes child care services before and after scheduled class times.
· Children may be brought to school no earlier than 7:00 a.m. and must be picked up by a designated adult no later than 6:30 p.m.
· Children must be signed in and out by a parent or an authorized person on a daily basis.
· The instructional day begins at 7:40 a.m. and ends at 2:45 p.m.; at the end of the regular campus instructional day, students participate in the after-school Extended Day Program activities.
· The district may not adopt a tuition rate for the Pre-Kindergarten program that is higher than necessary to cover the added costs to the district of providing the program, including any costs associated with collecting, reporting, and analyzing data under Section 29.1532 (c) and must submit the proposed rate to the commissioner for approval.
EDP Pre-K Registration Process
· Enrollment in the EDP Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten class will be done at the Extended Day Program office building located at 1401-D West Pecan, Pflugerville, TX 78660.
· All enrollment paperwork must be complete at the time of registration. Parents must also present the child’s birth certificate, social security number, and up-to-date shot records.
For more information, please contact the Pflugerville ISD Extended Day Program at (512) 594-0148 or ExtendedDay@pfisd.net.
Other PISD Pre-K Options – Half Day and Full Day Programs
Pflugerville ISD also offers federally funded pre-kindergarten to children who are four years old on or before September 1st who qualify under the federal pre-kindergarten guidelines. To qualify the child must meet one of the following criteria: limited English proficiency, economically disadvantaged, homeless, active military service or injured in line of duty, or in conservatorship of the state of Texas. For more information, please contact Sharon Erickson at (512) 594-0146 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.